As you may have noticed, the Juice Plus+ Company doesn’t introduce new products very often. But when we identify holes in the marketplace — often because there’s a product we ourselves wish existed but doesn’t — then we custom-build one from scratch. That’s exactly how Juice Plus+ Perform came to be.
When we looked at the fitness industry, here's what we noticed: It’s very outward driven. Sure, elite athletes need to try to cut every extra millisecond off their time and body builders need to crush out more reps if they want to outperform the competition.
But for the rest of us — the everyday performers — our biggest competitor is always ourselves. We want to push ourselves further than we did yesterday and be proud of who we see in the mirror today. We want to do what we love to do, better — whether that’s to beat our personal best running time, hike a higher mountain, or nail that Zumba choreography. Who’s making a fitness shake for US?
Juice Plus+ is, that’s who! We developed Juice Plus+ Perform so you can outperform YOU. Juice Plus+ Perform is an all-in-one performance shake built to help you beat your best with 25 grams of plant-based protein per serving to build and repair muscle, PLUS plant-based ingredients to assist with energy production, aid recovery, support bone and muscle health, and up your mental game. Best of all, this shake has a fruity flavor and is delightfully creamy!
Juice Plus+ Perform is:
- 100% plant-based
- Completely sourced from real, whole food ingredients Rich in plant protein
- A high-protein shake with just 6 grams of sugar
- Vegan, gluten-free, free from artificial sweeteners, and certified non-GMO
- Made in the U.S.A. in a facility that meets or exceeds good manufacturing practices (GMP)
What Makes Juice Plus+ Perform Different?
Other protein shakes focus on just one ingredient: protein. They help you build muscle, but that’s it. End of story. Juice Plus+ Perform starts with 25 grams of water-washed soy protein per serving to support muscle growth and repair. But it also supports additional aspects of fitness performance with ingredients other protein shakes just don’t have, like B vitamins for mental performance and physical energy, and beetroot and tart cherry to aid recovery. Naturally occurring vitamin C from acerola cherry, which supports collagen production, as well as vitamin D from mushroom powder for bone and muscle health, round out the formula.
Juice Plus+ Perform: Plant-based
Most Other Protein Shakes: Predominantly animal proteins, such as whey or casein
Juice Plus+ Perform: 25 g plant-based protein
Most Other Protein Shakes: Less than 25 g protein
Juice Plus+ Perform: Ingredients to support energy production and mental performance as well as recovery
Most Other Protein Shakes: Mainly just protein
Juice Plus+ Perform: 6 grams of sugar per serving from naturally sourced sugars like coconut nectar and organic cane sugar, with monk fruit extract as a non-caloric sweetener
Most Other Protein Shakes: Up to 23 grams of added sugar per serving
Juice Plus+ Perform: Gluten-free, vegan, certified non-GMO
Most Other Protein Shakes: Typically dairy-based
What’s in Juice Plus+ Perform?
We’re glad you asked. Here’s who’s on the team.
The Star Players
- Soy is the only source of vegan protein that gives you the same benefits as animal protein. Soy protein achieves the highest PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Amino Acid Score) score, by providing all nine essential amino acids and high digestibility. That’s why it’s an optimal plant-based protein to support muscle growth and repair, and experts agree it’s safe for both women and men1. Our soy is soy you can feel good about: water-washed, certified non-GMO, and sustainably grown.
- Beetroot and Organic Tart Cherry are included because nothing slows down your current workout like sore muscles from the last one, and these two plant superstars help aid recovery.
- Plant-based Vitamins. B vitamins help keep you in the game by assisting with energy production and mental focus, while vitamin C supports your connective tissues and vitamin D supports your muscles and bones. Juice Plus+ Perform includes naturally occurring vitamins from whole-food based ingredients. Our B vitamins come from organic guava, mango, and lemon extracts. The vitamin C is from acerola cherry. And the vitamin D is from mushroom powder.
- Coconut Cream gives Juice Plus+ Perform its delectably creamy texture yet keeps it dairy-free.
- Plant-based Sugars and Sweeteners were a must as we perfected the recipe for Juice Plus+ Perform. That’s why we chose coconut nectar sugar, organic evaporated cane sugar (which is less processed than white sugar), and monk fruit extract.
Speaking of which, Juice Plus+ Perform has only 6 grams of sugar per serving, while providing other micronutrients such as:
- 100% of the Daily Value (DV) for vitamin D
- 30% of the DV for folate
- 25% of the DV for riboflavin
- 25% of the DV for thiamin
- 20% of the DV for vitamin C
- 20% of the DV for vitamin B6
- 20% of the DV for pantothenic acid
- 15% of the DV for iron
- 15% of the DV for niacin
- Just 150 calories per serving!
To prepare, just add two scoops (40 g) and 10 ounces water to a shaker bottle and give it a good shake. It’s great as is, but if you like you can blend with fresh fruit, vegetables, nut butter, or your favorite plant milk. To optimize the benefits of Perform, take it one hour before or up to two hours after your workout.
Juice Plus+ Perform is an all-in-one performance shake that provides easy, on-the-go plant-based nutrition for everyday performers. We think you’re going to love it.
1 Source: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19524224/